Monday, August 22, 2011

Brady Morningstar agreed terms with AGOR


Former Kansas University basketball guard Brady Morningstar will begin his professional career on the Greek Island of Crete, fifth-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.


The 6-foot-4 Lawrence native announced Sunday that he’d reached agreement on a one-year contract with A.G.O. Rethymno, which plays in Greece’s top league. Terms were not disclosed. Morningstar’s new team reached the finals of the Greek Cup in 2006-07.

“I’m excited to start a new chapter of basketball in my life,” the former Free State High standout said. “In terms of standard of living, I think it’s a great place to play. Until I go over there, I won’t know exactly what the competition is like. Right now, I’m excited for a new journey.”

Morningstar, 25, averaged 7.1 points, 3.3 assists and 2.2 rebounds a game last season for KU (35-3).

Will he miss KU and the fans?

“Always, always,” he said. “There’s so much love and so much support.”

source : ljworld.com


Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: