Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pekovic is not thinking about the NBA yet


These are parts of the interview that Nikola Pekovic gave to Ballineurope.com

Coach Zeljko Obradovic is one of the legends of European coaching history and has been at Panathinaikos for nearly a decade, winning three Euroleague titles. What is it like playing for a coach like him? And how has he helped you improve your game? “He is one of the reasons I came here. He is a legend in European basketball but he is also a legend of our basketball. He was the coach of our national teams, he won everything and when we were kids we were looking up to him like if he is the god. He is still one of the best coaches in Europe and it was, it is, my pleasure to play for him. Every single day I learn something new and he is trying to help me, he talks to me. He tries to improve everybody’s game! I am very happy to play for him. ”

This year you were drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves with the first pick of the second round. What do you think about getting drafted and what did the management at Minnesota tell you about your future with the team?
“I don’t think now about NBA. It’s something I tell to everybody. I really don’t like to speak about it. There is no pressure from their side. They tell me “come in two years”. I don’t know what will happen in two years. I am such a kind of player. Even when I signed for Panathinaikos they were asking me about it and I was giving the same answer. “I don’t know. Let’s get there first”. I am very happy in Panathinaikos right now and I don’t think about the NBA”.

The rest of the interview can be found here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the link is broken

here's the real one:

http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/euroleague/nikola-pekovic-i-don%C2%B4t-think-about-the-nba-now/

The Hoop said...

Thanks Kobi, I corrected it