Tuesday, September 1, 2009

CSKA parted ways with Alexey Savrasenko


Center Alexey Savrasenko and our club agreed to terminate the contract, active until the end of 2009-10 season.

Savrasenko joined CSKA after leaving Olympiakos in 2002 and from the time his name is tightly connected with all the red-blue successes. Being the player of our team Alexey won two Euroleague titles, six Russian championships and three Russian Cups. Also he won Eurobasket 2007 with Russian National Team. Savrasenko was rented to Spartak St. Petersburg during previous season.

Andrey Vatutin, CSKA President:

With saying goodbye to Alexey after so many years of successful cooperation we are leaving some sadness in our hearts and we are truly grateful for all that Savrasenko done for CSKA. I am sure that Alexey will keep the best memories from his CSKA period of life. Our club decided to go on with young centers, but at the same time it is obvious that Savrasenko is still able to play on the highest level. He proved that in the Russian playoffs. But it would be unfair to make this honored player, one of the heroes of the Euroleague 2006 final game, to fight for the place in our rotation. But at the same time the contract was making it difficult to find the new team. I would like to say thank you to Alexey who took our point and understood the situation. I wish good luck to my friend and I wish him success in his pro career. No doubt that our fans will join me to say the words of appreciation.

Alexey Savrasenko:

I would like to thank CSKA management for the time with the team. Biggest thanks to all the fans who supported me in my difficult moments. I’d like to thank Sergey Kushchenko separately for bringing me to the team and giving me the chance to play and win for the Russian club.”


source : cskabasket.com

0 comments: