Friday, November 14, 2008

Panathinaikos closer to Shermadini


Panathinaikos has not officially announced anything, as they don't really feel like it, so Giorgi Shermadini(2.16-C) was announced via the Euroleague official site. One of the top european prospects in his age Shermadini has apparently secured his contract with Panathinaikos but no details about the duration or anything else have been disclosed. The player was added to the roster of Panathinaikos for the Euroleague games, hence the announcement.

He averaged 33.5 points and 18.4 rebounds and 3.1 blocks in the Georgian League last season, although his team, Maccabi Brinkford Tbilisi, finished last at 6-24. Shermadini averaged 21.5 points and 10.5 rebounds and also 3.7 blocks per game in 6 games for the U-20 National Team of Georgia.

He said: "Panathinaikos is not a team that sings a player if they are not sure that he can play with them, so it's a big honor for me and also a great opportunity," Shermadini said. "Three years ago, when I started my career, I coudn't even imagine that I should be part of the best European team. I'll work hard to show my potential and have some playing time when coach Obradovic decides that I am ready to be on the court."

0 comments: