Friday, June 24, 2011

CSKA and Sani Becirovic part ways


Our club did not use the contract option to leave guard Sani Becirovic on team’s roster for one more season.


CSKA appreciates Sani’s help in the end of the season and wishes him all the best in future.

Though he barely played in the VTB League Final Four (7 minutes, 2 points, 1 assist), Becirovic was one of our team’s key reserves in BEKO PBL, where he played 17 games, averaging 5.7 points, 2.1 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 0.4 steals in 13.3 minutes.

Andrey Vatutin, CSKA President:
Sani took a difficult decision in March to change the club in the course of the season. We appreciate his professionalism, hard work, the desire to be an integral part of our team. He helped CSKA a lot in the end of the season, he starred in several games and lessened the load on our veteran leaders. His charisma, open character, sense of humor added a lot of positive energy into our team chemistry in difficult days for all of us. We’d like to thank Sani for his work which helped us to win just another championship title and we wish him all the best in his future career.


Sani Becirovic:
Surely, I hoped that I will be needed by CSKA in future. I think I was able to help the team as much as I could; I gave all of myself on the court. I am sorry that I did not have another chance to show myself but that’s life. In my opinion, I had good experience, and I leave CSKA with warm feelings towards the great team and organization, and I wish all the best to CSKA in future!


souce : cskabasket.com

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: