Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nowitzki wants to end his career in Dallas


Despite another disappointing playoff exit, Dirk Nowitzki remains committed to the Mavericks.

"After I played here for 11 years -- played hurt, played sick, whatever they needed me to do, basically playing my heart [out] for the last 11 years -- I don't think it would feel the same way somewhere else," Nowitzki said. "It's always been my dream here to finish my career and win a championship. I think my window has not closed yet and I'll still see what we can do."

Nowitzki is the franchise's first MVP and the leading scorer in team history.

After this week's playoff elimination at the hands of the Nuggets, many believed that Dirk might look for a move elsewhere in order to increase his chances of winning a title.

"I always said I'd love to finish my career here and bring this franchise a championship," he said. "I still feel like I have a good three, four years left of solid basketball. I don't want to feel overanxious and put my pressure on myself. I'm going to be ready to play and I'm going to work hard again this summer and do more of the same again next year."

source : realgm.com


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: