Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brezec and Nachbar returning to the NBA?


Primoz Brezec(2.16-C) and Bostjan Nachbar(2.06-SF/PF) spoke to slovenian portal siol.net expressing their views on the future of their careers.

"My team status will remain uncertain for quite some time. My agent is never aggressive in finding a new contract foe me. We're waiting primarily on July 1 when they the negotiations officially begin in the NBA. I will see what team interests me in the U.S. and only then will I make my decision. I do not want to make promises to any European team in July and then realize that I wanted to play for a team in the NBA, "said the slovenian forward. As a player of Dynamo this season, he averaged 16.2 points 4.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 24 games of the russian Superleague and 16.1 points 4.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 16 games of the EuroCup.

"Nobody expected from us that we will be out beaten by Biella in the first round of italian playoffs. I can't be satisfied with the season. We did a good job in the beginning of the season and I was also happy for my performances. But after we changed coach everything went down. I am leaving Roma, but at the moment I don't know where I will continue my career. There are a lot of possibilities. I'll be deciding between NBA and Europe. At the moment I am not thinking about this. I want to rest first and wait a bit. My agent will soon get in contact with some NBA clubs, due the fact that I was not playing there this year, we can do some negotiations before the 1st of July" said Brezec. He averaged 8.6 points and 3.6 rebounds in 25 games of the italian LegaA1 league. In the Euroleague he averaged 9.4 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14 games.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments: