Monday, July 13, 2009

AEK Athens interested in Sanikidze


Viktor Sanikidze (203-F-86) is the first target of AEK for the PF position. The Georgian forward got drafted (2rd, N.42) in 2004 from Atlanta Hawks but his rights got traded to the San Antonio Spurs. He started his career from Academy Tbilisi and next year moved in the stronger France Pro-A league to play for Dijon Bourgogne. After playing two years in Dijon he got the big transfer to play in the Spanish ACB league for Estudiantes Madrid.

The things did not go well for the Georgian player in Spain, he was not playing a lot but the second year was worst, he had a serious injury which caused him to sit out the entire season. He started practising months later in Dinamo Tbilisi but he realized in Germany, when he went for a tryout, that his career was on great danger. Viktor said to Eurobasket.com one year ago: I went in Germany for try out and on one practice I didn't feel good on my knee. So, I checked my knee with German doctors and they told me to stop playing, otherwise I would risk my career.

This season Tartu from Estonia gave him the opportunity to be back in courts and had great games. He played 20 games in the Baltic league having 9.3ppg and 6.3rpg. Already teams from France are showing interest for him.


0 comments: