Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stefan Jankovic preparing for the NCAA

1888 Brett Lane, Saltsburg, Pennsylvania, USA. Here is located Kiski School, a place where some TV and newspapers went when it was known that a couple of 7-foot brothers (Sim and Tanveer Bhullar) where the main attraction of the hoops team.


But our interest is not around these huge centers, but the serbian power-forward Stefan Jankovic ('93). With only 16 years old he keeps growing, and actually is 2.10. He arrived last summer from Toronto (Canada) -like Bhullar brothers-, where he was playing for St. Francis Xavier School. Borned in Belgrade, he left Serbia "due to the war mostly, but also had some family that also moved to Canada". Eurohopes contacted him. Let's see what are his sensations.

Averaging 15 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocks he also is an attraction for the NCAA scouts, who don't travel to Saltsburg only to watch Bhullar brothers. "I am going to be a junior next season, so I still have time. But I plan on visiting a few schools next year". But what kind of player is he? "I can go to the post but I play mostly on the wing. I have a decent shot, I hit 3 pointers, I attack the rim and dunk. I can rebound and pass well. My dribbling is O.K. but needs work. and in total I'm just a versatile player". The summer is long but he has decided "just to workout and get better. I've made up my mind that my whole summer is dedicated to working on my game. I'm not going to be playing any competition".

Some days ago serbian federation announced the first U-18 list to prepare the European Championship of this summer in Vilnius (Lithuania). It will be tough for them defend the gold of last summer. Musli won't be there. Djekic either. Even 27 players are in the first group and Jankovic is not there, he has no doubts: "I don't really care because I wasn't planning on playing anyways".

source : eurohopes.com


Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: