Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gordon commits to play for GB

The Great Britain national team received a huge boost when Pistons guard Ben Gordon committed to play for the team.


Gordon, who was born in London before moving to the U.S., will join the national team in July. It's a a nice addition for Great Britain, which will compete in the 2011 Euro-Basket qualifiers this summer. Gordon will join former Bulls teammate Luol Deng on the squad.

"I am delighted to have committed myself to GB for this summer and beyond," Gordon said. "I have heard a lot from Luol about the team and where we are going, so I am excited about the prospect of pulling on the GB vest.


"I have been in discussion with British Basketball for a while now, but various things have stopped me being able to fully commit, however I am now settled with the Pistons and the time is right."


source : pistonspoint.blogspot.com

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: