Monday, June 15, 2009

Haddadi had offer from Barcelona


The seven-foot-three center Hamed Haddadi who joined Memphis Grizzlies in August 2008, is currently on holiday in Tehran. He will go back to the U.S. on June 20 and after 10 matches in the NBA Summer League he will join the Iranian national team and accompany them in the FIBA Asian Championship.
I’ve won most of the Asian trophies and my dreams go beyond the continent. At the moment my target is world honors and I have to concentrate to achieve more success,” Haddadi said. Paying tribute to Huston Rockets’ Chinese player Yao Ming, he said, “I respect Yao Ming. He has played in NBA for nine years. I will keep working hard to be the best Asian NBA player. I want to be an Asian symbol like him.”
I received many offers from other teams such as European basketball champion Barcelona. But they (Memphis) requested to extend my contracts until 2013 and I am thinking about that,” Haddadi stated.
Defending champions Iran will participate in the FIBA Asian Championship which will be held in Tianjin, China in August. Haddadi said, “Iran is the Asian champion but we have to accept that China is the most powerful Asian team. We can beat them without Yao Ming in the tournament.”



0 comments: